We've all passed by the bakery section at the grocery store...and the entire cakes in the window. They have individual serve items, like cake slices, or a few muffins, but those puny loser products are simply not of interest. You want the real bad boys - the whole cakes. So the question is- is it a do or taboo to buy a whole cake for yourself?
WHY IT'S A DO:
- You're having a bay day- and eating a whole cake might be mildly better than drinking an entire bottle of wine. Or maybe you need both the cake and the bottle of wine.
- Nike says "just do it". And you have to do everything that Nike says because they have all those sweaty ads.
- It's really a fiscal issue- it just makes more sense to buy the larger portion because the cake is cheaper per ounce, and honestly, you are going to eat that much cake even if you only buy the slices any way.
- You might have guests over and they obviously want cake too. The emphasis is on the "might" though. Even so it would be rude to deny these imaginary guests a treat because you don't have enough cake.
- It's a calorie-heavy way to proclaim your womanhood, manhood, or gender-neutral hood if you so choose.
WHY IT'S TABOO:
- Your ever-expanding stomach is really making it difficult to fit into your favorite clothes- and this is a serious fashion emergency.
- It's socially awkward. Normally this wouldn't be a factor for you but there might be a hot guy, or girl, at the grocery store and you don't want them to know your out of hand eating habits until later in the relationship.
- You could be eating fruit instead. *Eye Roll*
- You could be eating chocolate-flavored diet protein bars instead. *Eye Roll*
OVERALL CONCLUSION: OBVIOUS DO